UPDATEMODULE.EXE - Dangerous
Manual removal instructions:
- Uninstall UPDATEMODULE.EXE using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager and terminate "UPDATEMODULE.EXE" processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "UPDATEMODULE.EXE" files and folders.
- Run services.msc and disable a "UPDATEMODULE.EXE" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "UPDATEMODULE.EXE" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete UPDATEMODULE.EXE registry keys and values.
- Inspect the properties of your desktop and Start menu shortcuts for UPDATEMODULE.EXE presence and "http://" links.
- Open your browser and disable UPDATEMODULE.EXE plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
- Restart your computer and check results.
by NightWatcherUPDATEMODULE.EXE Dangerous Rating: 5 out of 5
My PC had gotten a bad rootkit that my ISP antivirus software (powered by McAfee) could not detect, nor could fix.
I sought a solution on the Internet and discovered your product and tried out the trial of UnHackMe.
You quickly found the rootkit and SAVED my PC!
I haven't had any problems since, and I'm extremely grateful.