SEARCHLOCK is classified as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program). What is PUP? PUP is crapware. SEARCHLOCK have several types of unwanted behaviour:
- Displaying popup ads.
- Hijacking your browser.
- Infecting your desktop shortcuts, etc.
- Inserting ads to the web pages.
SEARCHLOCK can redirect your browser search, collect your personal information and sell it for advertising.
SEARCHLOCK is usually hard in removing. Some people could not find uninstall program for SEARCHLOCK in the Control Panel.
Sometimes SEARCHLOCK uninstaller does not work.
How SEARCHLOCK got on my computer?
Usually you got SEARCHLOCK with as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since SEARCHLOCK manufacturer pays software developers for distributing SEARCHLOCK within their applications, SEARCHLOCK is often included as part of the installer.
Usually, you have not only one SEARCHLOCK problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs.
How to remove SEARCHLOCK manually:
- Uninstall SEARCHLOCK using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "SEARCHLOCK" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "SEARCHLOCK" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "SEARCHLOCK" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "SEARCHLOCK" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete SEARCHLOCK registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for SEARCHLOCK presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Remove a virus from Google Chrome.
- Remove a virus from Internet Explorer.
- Remove a virus from Mozilla Firefox.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
How to remove SEARCHLOCK automatically:
UnHackMe will complete all steps for only 5 minutes!
Here’s how to remove SEARCHLOCK virus:
So it was much easier to fix such problem automatically, wasn't it?
That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove SEARCHLOCK redirect or other unwanted software.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.