UPDATE_MSI is reported as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program). I suggest you to remove UPDATE_MSI from your PC as soon as possible!
Tried to remove UPDATE_MSI? Cannot completely delete UPDATE_MSI, because it gets back?
See how to fix UPDATE_MSI step by step using my removal guide.
How UPDATE_MSI got on my computer?
Like many potentially unwanted programs, UPDATE_MSI can be installed on your computer as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since UPDATE_MSI manufacturer pays software developers for distributing UPDATE_MSI within their applications, UPDATE_MSI is often included as part of the installer.
UPDATE_MSI is also often distributed with free games and simple, one-click freeware tools developed specifically with the purpose of getting UPDATE_MSI onto as many computers as possible.
Usually, you have not only one UPDATE_MSI problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How dangerous is UPDATE_MSI?
While UPDATE_MSI is not considered illegal and is not officially classified as malware, it poses a direct threat to your privacy. Since UPDATE_MSI runs alongside your Web browser, it can collect and transmit information such your search queries, Web forms and passwords, names and messages, track Web sites that you visit, and do much more on your computer without you even knowing. UPDATE_MSI was reported to cause significant slowdowns in browser performance, making Web page load times much longer compared to a clean system.
On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being "mostly harmless", 3 being "invasive" and 5 being "dangerous"), UPDATE_MSI can be rated as a 3.
How to remove UPDATE_MSI manually:
- Uninstall UPDATE_MSI using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "UPDATE_MSI" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "UPDATE_MSI" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "UPDATE_MSI" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "UPDATE_MSI" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete UPDATE_MSI registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for UPDATE_MSI presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Remove a virus from Google Chrome.
- Remove a virus from Internet Explorer.
- Remove a virus from Mozilla Firefox.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
How to remove UPDATE_MSI automatically:
UnHackMe will complete all steps for only 5 minutes!
Follow instructions step by step:
So it was much easier to fix such problem automatically, wasn't it?
That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove UPDATE_MSI redirect or other unwanted software.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.