How to finally stop Windows 10 updates and upgrades?
I like updates! I like new free updates!
But it’s really frustrating to me, that Windows 10 breaks my work and reboots my PC to install their update/upgrades.
Unfortunately, there is no way to fully stop updating using the Windows interface.
The old hacks are not working since March 2018.
This why I created a small utility StopUpdates10 that gets back control over updates to me.
Freeware (commercial usage is allowed).
StopUpdates10 Quick Look
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32-bit or 64-bit
- Stop Windows updates.
- Stop forced upgrades.
- Stop annoying upgrade notifications.
- Easy Undo! Click ‘Restore’ button to undo all changes.
- StopUpdates10 does not delete files, does not change file rights or another destructive actions.
- StopUpdates10 is small and easy in use.
- StopUpdates10 is free of charge.
How it works?
- StopUpdates10 creates the policy registry keys to block updates.
- It blocks execution of several processes used for updating.
How to uninstall StopUpdates10?
Use a Windows standard way to uninstall applications.
Also, you can open using Administrator account:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\StopUpdates10\unins000.exe”
StopUpdates10 will automatically restore Windows updates during uninstall.
You may use StopUpdates10 in your batch files or scripts.
Check that you use it with Administrator account.
- disable Windows updates:
- enable Windows updates:
Add a comment or contact here.
Good Luck and Enjoy!