How to finally stop Windows 10 updates and upgrades?
I like updates! I like new free updates!
But it’s really frustrating to me, that Windows 10 breaks my work and reboots my PC to install their update/upgrades.
Unfortunately, there is no way to fully stop updating using the Windows interface.
Why StopUpdates10 if I can easily stop Windows update service?
This way does not work on Windows 10.
Windows 10 uses a WAAS Medic service and some scheduled tasks to recover the Windows update service.
This why I created a small utility StopUpdates10 that gets back control over updates to me.
StopUpdates10 blocks executable files, related to Windows upgrade from starting. It is enough to stop Windows updating process.
Freeware (commercial usage is allowed).
StopUpdates10 Quick Look
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32-bit or 64-bit. Windows Home is supported!
- Stop Windows updates.
- Stop forced upgrades.
- Stop annoying upgrade notifications.
- Easy Undo! Click ‘Restore’ button to undo all changes.
- StopUpdates10 does not delete files, does not change file rights or another destructive actions.
- StopUpdates10 is small and easy in use.
- StopUpdates10 is free of charge.
How it works?
- StopUpdates10 creates the policy registry keys to block updates.
- It blocks execution of several processes used for updating.
How to uninstall StopUpdates10?
Use a Windows standard way to uninstall applications.
Also, you can open using Administrator account:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\StopUpdates10\unins000.exe”
StopUpdates10 will automatically restore Windows updates during uninstall.
- Added Greek translation.
- Added Czech translation.
- Added Korean translation.
- Added Italian translation.
- Added translation to German language.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
- Added French translation.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Added “Chinese Traditional” localization.
- Fine-tune settings for power users. Open main menu, “File”, “Settings” to reach it.
- Create Localization Kit. You can localize StopUpdate10 in a 10 minutes.
- Included localization to the Russian language.
- Fixed a bug with blocking updates on some Windows builds.
- Updated design.
You may use StopUpdates10 in your batch files or scripts.
Check that you use it with Administrator account.
- disable Windows updates:
- Chinese Traditional – Thank you to Danfong Hsieh!
- Spanish – Thank you to Pedro Luis Larrosa!
- French – Thank you to Xypno!
- Brazilian Portuguese – Thank you to WNantes!
- German – Thank you to Karsten!
- Italian – Thank you to Paolo!
- Korean – Thank you to 김영찬!
- Czech – Thank you to Filip!
- Czech – Thank you to Geogeo!
How to translate StopUpdates10 to your language?
- Download Translation Kit.
- Unzip StopUpdates10Translalaton.zip to any folder.
- Refer to “how_to_translate.txt” manual for instructions.
Add a comment or contact here.
Good Luck and Enjoy!