Today we will find out what is LATOUGH, how it works and how to delete LATOUGH from your computer.
The main purpose of LATOUGH is to display ads on your PC and to hijack your browser by changing its settings.
LATOUGH usually infiltrates your computer while being downloaded in a bundle with a popular hacked programs or while being included in downloaded file with a bunch of other trojans.
LATOUGH causes the great problems for you, such as replacing your browser starting page with malicious one, browser search redirecting, changing security settings and allowing popup advertisements to show up.
LATOUGH virus accomplishes this tasks by registering virus process in startup or by automatically launching malicious sites.
How to remove LATOUGH?
Deleting LATOUGH is a complex task and is required a full system cleaning.
Make a full backup of your PC before starting.
Follow the next steps to clean your system out:
- Uninstall LATOUGH using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager and terminatel "LATOUGH" processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "LATOUGH" files and folders.
- Run services.msc and disable a "LATOUGH" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "LATOUGH" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete LATOUGH registry keys and values.
- Inspect the properties of your desktop and Start menu shortcuts for LATOUGH presence and "http://" links.
- Open your browser and disable LATOUGH plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
- Restart your computer and check results.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.