ONETAB is reported as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program). I suggest you to remove ONETAB from your PC as soon as possible!
Tried to remove ONETAB? Cannot completely delete ONETAB, because it gets back?
Uninstall ONETAB, kill ONETAB process using Task Manager, delete ONETAB folder, remove ONETAB registry key, get rid of ONETAB scheduled task, disable ONETAB browser plugin, clean your shortcuts from ONETAB.
See how to fix ONETAB step by step using my removal guide.
How ONETAB got on my computer?
Like many potentially unwanted programs, ONETAB can be installed on your computer as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since ONETAB manufacturer pays software developers for distributing ONETAB within their applications, ONETAB is often included as part of the installer.
ONETAB is also often distributed with free games and simple, one-click freeware tools developed specifically with the purpose of getting ONETAB onto as many computers as possible.
Usually, you have not only one ONETAB problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How dangerous is ONETAB?
While ONETAB is not considered illegal and is not officially classified as malware, it poses a direct threat to your privacy. Since ONETAB runs alongside your Web browser, it can collect and transmit information such your search queries, Web forms and passwords, names and messages, track Web sites that you visit, and do much more on your computer without you even knowing. ONETAB was reported to cause significant slowdowns in browser performance, making Web page load times much longer compared to a clean system.
On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being "mostly harmless", 3 being "invasive" and 5 being "dangerous"), ONETAB can be rated as a 3.
How to remove ONETAB?
Step-by-step Guide for manual removal of ONETAB:
- Uninstall ONETAB using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "ONETAB" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "ONETAB" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "ONETAB" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "ONETAB" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete ONETAB registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for ONETAB presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Open your browser and disable ONETAB plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.