StPrsSW is reported as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program). I suggest you to remove StPrsSW from your PC as soon as possible!
Tried to remove StPrsSW? Cannot completely delete StPrsSW, because it gets back?
Uninstall StPrsSW, kill StPrsSW process using Task Manager, delete StPrsSW folder, remove StPrsSW registry key, get rid of StPrsSW scheduled task, disable StPrsSW browser plugin, clean your shortcuts from StPrsSW.
See how to fix StPrsSW step by step using my removal guide.
How StPrsSW got on my computer?
Like many potentially unwanted programs, StPrsSW can be installed on your computer as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since StPrsSW manufacturer pays software developers for distributing StPrsSW within their applications, StPrsSW is often included as part of the installer.
StPrsSW is also often distributed with free games and simple, one-click freeware tools developed specifically with the purpose of getting StPrsSW onto as many computers as possible.
Usually, you have not only one StPrsSW problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How dangerous is StPrsSW?
While StPrsSW is not considered illegal and is not officially classified as malware, it poses a direct threat to your privacy. Since StPrsSW runs alongside your Web browser, it can collect and transmit information such your search queries, Web forms and passwords, names and messages, track Web sites that you visit, and do much more on your computer without you even knowing. StPrsSW was reported to cause significant slowdowns in browser performance, making Web page load times much longer compared to a clean system.
On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being "mostly harmless", 3 being "invasive" and 5 being "dangerous"), StPrsSW can be rated as a 3.
How to remove StPrsSW?
Step-by-step Guide for manual removal of StPrsSW:
- Uninstall StPrsSW using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "StPrsSW" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "StPrsSW" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "StPrsSW" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "StPrsSW" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete StPrsSW registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for StPrsSW presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Open your browser and disable StPrsSW plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.