TEGLOOT is classified as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program).
What is PUP?
PUP is crapware. TEGLOOT have several types of unwanted behaviour:
- Displaying popup ads.
- Hijacking your browser.
- Infecting your desktop shortcuts, etc.
- Inserting ads to the web pages.
TEGLOOT can redirect your browser search, collect your personal information and sell it for advertising.
TEGLOOT is usually hard in removing. Some people could not find uninstall program for TEGLOOT in the Control Panel.
Sometimes TEGLOOT uninstaller does not work.
How TEGLOOT got on my computer?
Usually you got TEGLOOT with as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since TEGLOOT manufacturer pays software developers for distributing TEGLOOT within their applications, TEGLOOT is often included as part of the installer.
Usually, you have not only one TEGLOOT problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How to remove TEGLOOT?
Step-by-step Guide for manual removal of TEGLOOT:
- Uninstall TEGLOOT using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager and terminatel "TEGLOOT" processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "TEGLOOT" files and folders.
- Run services.msc and disable a "TEGLOOT" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "TEGLOOT" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete TEGLOOT registry keys and values.
- Inspect the properties of your desktop and Start menu shortcutsfor TEGLOOT presence and "http://" links.
- Open your browser and disable TEGLOOT plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
- Restart your computer and check results.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.