VMC Media Player is reported as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program). I suggest you to remove VMC Media Player from your PC as soon as possible!
Tried to remove VMC Media Player? Cannot completely delete VMC Media Player, because it gets back?
Uninstall VMC Media Player, kill VMC Media Player process using Task Manager, delete VMC Media Player folder, remove VMC Media Player registry key, get rid of VMC Media Player scheduled task, disable VMC Media Player browser plugin, clean your shortcuts from VMC Media Player.
See how to fix VMC Media Player step by step using my removal guide.
How VMC Media Player got on my computer?
Like many potentially unwanted programs, VMC Media Player can be installed on your computer as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since VMC Media Player manufacturer pays software developers for distributing VMC Media Player within their applications, VMC Media Player is often included as part of the installer.
VMC Media Player is also often distributed with free games and simple, one-click freeware tools developed specifically with the purpose of getting VMC Media Player onto as many computers as possible.
Usually, you have not only one VMC Media Player problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How dangerous is VMC Media Player?
While VMC Media Player is not considered illegal and is not officially classified as malware, it poses a direct threat to your privacy. Since VMC Media Player runs alongside your Web browser, it can collect and transmit information such your search queries, Web forms and passwords, names and messages, track Web sites that you visit, and do much more on your computer without you even knowing. VMC Media Player was reported to cause significant slowdowns in browser performance, making Web page load times much longer compared to a clean system.
On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being "mostly harmless", 3 being "invasive" and 5 being "dangerous"), VMC Media Player can be rated as a 3.
How to remove VMC Media Player?
Step-by-step Guide for manual removal of VMC Media Player:
- Uninstall VMC Media Player using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "VMC Media Player" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "VMC Media Player" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "VMC Media Player" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "VMC Media Player" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete VMC Media Player registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for VMC Media Player presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Open your browser and disable VMC Media Player plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
VMC Media Player is related to: Adware, Win32-PUP-gen, VMC Media Player.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.