Be careful! Full path on computer: %PROGRAM FILES%\WEBBARMEDIA\5.5.5995.17222\WINWB.EXE
What is WINWB.EXE?
WINWB.EXE is reported and classified as malicious program (malware).
WINWB.EXE actively resists detection and employs a number of techniques to ensure that you cannot remove WINWB.EXE from infected computers./p>
How WINWB.EXE got on your computer?
Phishing is the most common way for malware to infect computers.
It could be a fake email message that appears to be originated from Microsoft Customer Service, eBay, PayPal, Amazon, or even your bank or insurance company.
Fake emails that appear to come from the police, the FBI and other government entities were also reported.
WINWB.EXE could also infect your computer by exploiting a security vulnerability of your Web browser or one of its plugins.
If this is the case, WINWB.EXE would be injected into a Web page, and could get to your PC when you visited a malicious or hacked Web site.
WINWB.EXE can be distributed with legitimate software that is repackaged by the scammers.
It could be downloaded from warez Web sites or download archives.
How do you know you have WINWB.EXE on my computer?
WINWB.EXE works in background. It does not appear as a window, does not have a shortcut.
WINWB.EXE hides its existence from your eyes.
How to remove WINWB.EXE?
It may not be easy!
Make a full backup of your PC before starting.
Removal guide for WINWB.EXE:
- Uninstall WINWB.EXE using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager and terminatel "WINWB.EXE" processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "WINWB.EXE" files and folders.
- Run services.msc and disable a "WINWB.EXE" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "WINWB.EXE" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete WINWB.EXE registry keys and values.
- Inspect the properties of your desktop and Start menu shortcuts for WINWB.EXE presence and "http://" links.
- Open your browser and disable WINWB.EXE plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
- Restart your computer and check results.
Autostart registry keys:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\WEBBAR TOOLBAR: “%PROGRAM FILES%\WEBBARMEDIA\5.5.5995.17222\WINWB.EXE”
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WEBBAR\WB: “%PROGRAM FILES%\WEBBARMEDIA\5.5.5995.17222\WINWB.EXE”
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION\winwb.exe: 0x00002AF8
File Information WINWB.EXE:
Virustotal = 15/56
MD5 = F38C35871023704E08D324FE26F396E9
File Size: 198376
LegalCopyright: Copyright c 2016
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.