UPDANE.EXE is a pretty popular virus.
You can get it on your computer while downloading it bundled with some free software.
Sadly, most free downloads do not disclose that other programs will be installed, so you are more likely to get UPDANE.EXE on your PC without your own knowledge.
After being downloaded, UPDANE.EXE hijacks your browser and changes search settings.
UPDANE.EXE also causes an appearance of popup ads and browser redirecting.
UPDANE.EXE is very annoying and hard to get rid of.
Make a full backup of your PC before starting.
Follow the next steps to make your system clean again:
Removal guide for UPDANE.EXE:
- Uninstall UPDANE.EXE using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager and terminate "UPDANE.EXE" processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "UPDANE.EXE" files and folders.
- Run services.msc and disable a "UPDANE.EXE" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "UPDANE.EXE" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete UPDANE.EXE registry keys and values.
- Inspect the properties of your desktop and Start menu shortcuts for UPDANE.EXE presence and "http://" links.
- Open your browser and disable UPDANE.EXE plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
- Restart your computer and check results.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.