UNSTOP.ME is a browser hijacker!
UNSTOP.ME is appeared on your PC after installing free software, bundled with adware downloader program.
Adware program changes the homepage and search engine for your web browser to UNSTOP.ME.
In addition, it changed Windows shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start Menu.
The link to UNSTOP.ME site is added into the command line.
Each time when you click on shortcut you will start displaying of UNSTOP.ME site.
How to remove UNSTOP.ME ads from your PC?
- Uninstall UNSTOP.ME using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager to kill all "UNSTOP.ME" related processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "UNSTOP.ME" files and folders.
- Run services.msc to disable a "UNSTOP.ME" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "UNSTOP.ME" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete UNSTOP.ME registry keys and values.
- Check your shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu for UNSTOP.ME presence. Fix infected shortcuts.
- Remove a virus from Google Chrome.
- Remove a virus from Internet Explorer.
- Remove a virus from Mozilla Firefox.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
Manually removing ads by UNSTOP.ME is rarely effective, because if you did not fix all issues, you will be re-infected either immediately or after a reboot./p>
Removing ads by UNSTOP.ME requires a complex approach.
If you want to permanently remove UNSTOP.ME ads from your computer without allowing the slightest chance of reinfection, download and install UnHackMe, one of the best anti-malware and anti-rootkit tools on the market.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.