SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) is classified as Win32:PUP-gen (potentially unwanted program).
What is PUP?
PUP is crapware. SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) have several types of unwanted behaviour:
- Displaying popup ads.
- Hijacking your browser.
- Infecting your desktop shortcuts, etc.
- Inserting ads to the web pages.
SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) can redirect your browser search, collect your personal information and sell it for advertising.
SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) is usually hard in removing. Some people could not find uninstall program for SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) in the Control Panel.
Sometimes SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) uninstaller does not work.
How SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) got on my computer?
Usually you got SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) with as part of a bundle with another tool you downloaded from the Internet. Since SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) manufacturer pays software developers for distributing SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) within their applications, SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) is often included as part of the installer.
Usually, you have not only one SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) problem, but a bunch of similar WIN32:PUPs./p>
How to remove SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO)?
Step-by-step Guide for manual removal of SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO):
- Uninstall SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) using Windows uninstallation applet (use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program or Apps & features).
- Open Task Manager and terminatel "SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO)" processes.
- Use Windows search to find and remove "SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO)" files and folders.
- Run services.msc and disable a "SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO)" Windows service.
- Execute taskschd.msc to get rid of "SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO)" scheduled tasks.
- Open regedit.exe and delete SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) registry keys and values.
- Inspect the properties of your desktop and Start menu shortcutsfor SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) presence and "http://" links.
- Open your browser and disable SEARCH THE WEB (YAHOO) plugins. Disable all unknown plugins. Reset the browser settings.
- Clean your Recycle bin and temporary files.
- Restart your computer and check results.
I use UnHackMe for cleaning ads and viruses from my friend's computers, because it is extremely fast and effective.
STEP 1: Download UnHackMe for freeUnHackMe removes Adware/Spyware/Unwanted Programs/Browser Hijackers/Search Redirectors from your PC easily.
UnHackMe is compatible with most antivirus software.
UnHackMe is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including adware, spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. VirusTotal (0/56).
System Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 8.1/10 32 or 64-bit. UnHackMe uses minimum of computer resources.
STEP 2: Double click on UnHackMe_setup.exeYou will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
Once UnHackMe has installed the first Scan will start automatically
STEP 3: Carefully review the detected threats!Click Remove button or False Positive.