What is ZA.GL?ZA.GL is detected as Adware.
Adware term is a short form of Advertising Software.
Adware displays the banners to the web pages that you visit.
ZA.GL has antivirus alias ADWARE.ZA.GL.
ZA.GL infects web browsers.
ZA.GL risk is considered as Medium.
- New tabs with URL: ZA.GL.
- Redirect from a good web page to ZA.GL.
- Advertisement banner with name Ads by ZA.GL.
- Notification messages from web site: ZA.GL.
- Pop up ads.
How did you get infected by ZA.GL virus?
- Youtube Adblocker is a Fake Adware blocker.
- Fake browser. You wanted to download Google Chrome, but installed Chromium.
- Free games from unknown producer.
- Software Crack or serial code.
- Youtube/Video Downloaders.
How to easily remove ZA.GL virus?I have enough computer skill to remove virus manually using only my hands and internal Windows utilities.
But it takes a lot of time. It's not easy. Use the manual removal instruction it at your own risk.
Someone told me about UnHackMe.
UnHackMe follows the same remove steps, as I do manually.
But UnHackMe is better, because it:
Works very fast.
You can save about 2 hours of your life!
Knows about new virus tricks!It has a large, constantly updated, virus database.
Includes powerful tools.
UnHackMe fixes access-denied files, cleans protected registry keys, scans in off-line Windows mode.
I asked Dmitry, author of UnHackMe, some questions and I found that he is a nice gay, always ready to help.
He offers a service, called 'Help in removal'.
Use Help-In-Removal service
if you have troubles in virus removal or you afraid to damage your computer just click Help in Removal.
UnHackMe is fully free for 30-days without limitations.
Why I don't offer an antivirus for malware removal?Antivirus is good in removing file viruses.
But the modern malware are fileless.
Virus simply adds its link to your browser and you will see a lot of pop-up ads, redirects, notifications, etc. Also, malware uses the legitimate programs to download and execute malicious code.
UnHackMe is good in removing Adware/Fileless malware/Unwanted programs/SpywareUnHackMe was created in 2005 to remove rootkits - invisible/stealth viruses.
Now it removes all types of malicious software.
You can check the real reviews of UnHackMe on the Facebook.
Here’s how to remove ZA.GL virus:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
- Download UnHackMe from the official web site.
- Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
Unzip all files from the zip to a new folder.
- Double click on the 'unhackme_setup.exe'.
- You will see a confirmation screen with verified publisher: Greatis Software.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- After that choose a destination folder.
Complete UnHackMe installation.
STEP 2: Scan for ZA.GL malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- First scan will start automatically.
STEP 3: Remove ZA.GL malware (3 minutes).
- Carefully inspect found items.
Malicious items are marked by red shield.
Suspicious items are yellow.
UnHackMe automatically creates a System Restore point before fixing!
It is important to have System Restore active in case of recovering deleted files.
Next click the red button: Remove Checked!
- UnHackMe may ask your confirmation to close all browsers.
- If you want to quarantine files before deleting, check the box 'Use file safe deleting'.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process:
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your browser cache, delete temporary files, clean Recycle Bin.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox as I do, just go to menu Tools and run Options. Open Privacy tab and check option 'Clear history when Firefox closes'
- Then click Settings at this screen and check options 'Cookies' and 'Cache' as shown at picture.
- After that click OK and close your browser's pages. All information in cache will be removed.
- Switch to desktop, find a Recycle Bin icon. Right click on it and choose "Clear".
How to remove ZA.GL virus manually?
- Check recently installed apps and uninstall unknown apps.
- Disable Web Push Notifications in your browser.
- After that, check settings of search and homepage of your browser. Reset them if needed.
- Open Task Manager and close all unused programs.
Use the Details tab in the Task amanager.
Customize columns to display the "Command line".
Virus programs often use random filenames.
- Stop and disable unknown services. Be careful! Do it only if you are fully sure that you do!
- Delete virus scheduled tasks.
- Find and delete all keys with virus name in it's content.
- After that, check shortcuts of your browsers if they have additional addresses at the end of command line. Check if shortcuts runs real browsers, not fakes. Remember: Chromium is fake browser, real name have to be Chrome.
- Remove all unused extensions (or plug-ins) in your browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc., if they have our virus name in their names or directory. You may need to uninstall suspisious exgtensions or totally reset your browser.
- Next, you have to check your DNS settings. Follow your provider's instructions, delete all unknown DNS addresses.