What is FAMOUSSEARCH.COM?
Investigation Target: FAMOUSSEARCH.COM
Investigation Date: September 1, 2022
FAMOUSSEARCH.COM is classified as Browser Hijacker
Changing the Browser Settings
FAMOUSSEARCH.COM may change the browser homepage, search engine without user permission.
How to remove FAMOUSSEARCH.COM browser hijacker?You should carefully inspect the browser settings.
Solutions to solve the problem:
- Clean your web browser, disable plugins.
- Install uBlock Origin extension for your browser to remove ads and block adware websites:
uBlock Origin for Chrome, uBlock Origin for Firefox.
- Check your PC using Ultimate Malware Killer UnHackMe.
(Sorry for shameless advertising, but I know that it is 100% safe and working because my company created it)
- Also, I recommend using AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
How to remove FAMOUSSEARCH.COM virus manually? (Virus removal guide)
How to remove FAMOUSSEARCH.COM using UnHackMe?
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
- Download UnHackMe from the official web site.
- Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
Unzip all files from the zip to a new folder.
- Double click on the unhackme_setup.exe.
- You will see a confirmation screen with a verified publisher: Greatis.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- After that, choose a destination folder.
Complete UnHackMe installation.
STEP 2: Scan for FAMOUSSEARCH.COM malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- The first scan will start automatically.
STEP 3: Remove FAMOUSSEARCH.COM malware (3 minutes).
- Carefully inspect found items.
Malicious items are marked with a red shield.
Suspicious items are yellow.
UnHackMe automatically creates a System Restore point before fixing!
It is required to have the Windows System Restore active in case of deleting the important files to be able to recover them.
Next step: click the red button: Remove Checked!
- UnHackMe may ask for your confirmation to close all browsers.
Please do it!
- If you want to quarantine files before deleting, check the box Use file safe deleting.
- And after all, you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process:
STEP 4: (optional)
- Clear your browser cache, cookies, browsing history.
Chrome: Press CTRL+Shift+Del keyboard combination or open Settings, Privacy and security, Clear browsing data.
- Delete temporary files.
Open Start menu, type: disk cleanup, choose Disk Cleanup from the results.
Another way: press Win+R, type: cleanmgr, hit Enter.
- Clean the Recycle Bin.
- Windows 11 22H2 Feature 'File Locksmith' Allows Users To Delete Files In Use
- North Korean Hacking Group Lazarus Abuses Dell Driver Bug In BYOVD Attack
- "Novel Malware Ecosystem" Threatens VMware ESXi Hypervisors
- Remove SAFERURL.NET virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove DSC.SEARCHLIGHTPRO.COM virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove HOMEPAGE-CO.COM virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove COOLWEBSEARCH.INFO virus (Removal Guide)
- NullMixer Dropper Infects Windows Devices With Various Malware Families
- New Adware Apps on Google Play Discovered - Totaling Around 13 Million Installations
- Windows 11 22H2 Enhanced Phishing Protection Feature Warns Users When Typing Password in Notepad