What is PRO SEARCH?
Investigation Target: PRO SEARCH
Investigation Date: November 8, 2020
PRO SEARCH is classified as Browser Hijacker
Changing the Browser Settings
PRO SEARCH may change the browser homepage, search engine without user permission.
How to remove PRO SEARCH browser hijacker?You should carefully inspect the browser settings.
Chrome Plugin ID: pnjfbdohpcpnjefnliiokjcglckkfhkn
Solutions to solve the problem:
- Clean your web browser, disable plugins.
- Install uBlock Origin extension for your browser to remove ads and block adware websites:
uBlock Origin for Chrome, uBlock Origin for Firefox.
- Check your PC using Ultimate Malware Killer UnHackMe.
(Sorry for shameless advertising, but I know that it is 100% safe and working because my company created it)
- Also, I recommend using AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
How to remove PRO SEARCH virus manually? (Virus removal guide)
How to remove PRO SEARCH using UnHackMe?
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
- Download UnHackMe from the official web site.
- Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
Unzip all files from the zip to a new folder.
- Double click on the unhackme_setup.exe.
- You will see a confirmation screen with a verified publisher: Greatis.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- After that, choose a destination folder.
Complete UnHackMe installation.
STEP 2: Scan for PRO SEARCH malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- The first scan will start automatically.
STEP 3: Remove PRO SEARCH malware (3 minutes).
- Carefully inspect found items.
Malicious items are marked with a red shield.
Suspicious items are yellow.
UnHackMe automatically creates a System Restore point before fixing!
It is required to have the Windows System Restore active in case of deleting the important files to be able to recover them.
Next step: click the red button: Remove Checked!
- UnHackMe may ask for your confirmation to close all browsers.
Please do it!
- If you want to quarantine files before deleting, check the box Use file safe deleting.
- And after all, you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process:
STEP 4: (optional)
- Clear your browser cache, cookies, browsing history.
Chrome: Press CTRL+Shift+Del keyboard combination or open Settings, Privacy and security, Clear browsing data.
- Delete temporary files.
Open Start menu, type: disk cleanup, choose Disk Cleanup from the results.
Another way: press Win+R, type: cleanmgr, hit Enter.
- Clean the Recycle Bin.
- Remove ALLACTUALSPOT.COM virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove EASY-AD-BLOCKER.NET virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove WEBPROTECTIONSYSTEMS.SITE virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove 123BUYING.NET virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove FINDFORLESS.CO.UK virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove EDVERYS.BUZZ virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove BG4NXU2U5T.COM virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove 1STDAILY.ONLINE virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove CLOUD-REPOSITORY.COM virus (Removal Guide)
- Remove COMMONSEARCHES.NET virus (Removal Guide)