Plain TextView as Slides
- What's the difference between Investigation Mode and Malware Scan?
Investigation Mode gives you a way to find out unknown viruses.
Like Sherlock Holmes, you can investigate malware traces using UnHackMe professional tools.
- Open UnHackMe.
- Click the "Scan and Fix" button.
- Choose "Scan in Inspection Mode" in the popup menu.
- Use you brain to find a virus!
- Use a Quick Info panel on the left side of an item.
It gives useful information:
- Is this file is digitally signed? Viruses usually are not signed!
- Is this file is signed by a trusted manufacturer? These files cannot be malware.
- Is a file is tested by several antivirus engines (Virustotal)? A legitimate file may have some false positive alerts.
Also, you can investigate additional information on the Virustotal web site.
- Use a search to quickly filter the list by a word.
- Quickly change the testing section.
Click on a scanning section:
- PUPs( Uninstall Applications)
- Unwanted Files
- Startup Programs
- Search Settings
- Browser Plugins
- Unblock Antivirus
- Filter by a sub-section.
Some sections like a startup have a lot of sub-sections (21)
Click on the Choose Subsection to filter the list by a sub-section.
- Use the Item Information dialog.
Double click on an item in the list or click on an item status icon.
- "Google it" button opens a special search engine that gives an additional information.
- "Check File" provides detailed information about file properties.
- "Show in Folder" displays an explorer window with the focused file/folder.
- "Jump to Registry" quickly opens a registry editor with an associated registry key.
Now you can proceed to the "What is the Help in Removal Service?" guide.